1. Only FULL LENGTH submissions will be accepted: 75-120 minutes (at least 75 pages) in length. Shorter submissions will not be read or considered. NOTE: Please DO NOT send incomplete submissions, excerpts, or a synopsis.
2. The moments depicted in the images must be dramatized in the play. You may choose to use only 1 of the 2 images, OR both images.
3. Both all-female and mixed-gender casts will be considered. Women must be in most/all of the primary roles. Women must be featured in most/all of the combat.
4. U.S. and international, male and female authors’ submissions will be accepted.
5. All submissions must be new, original works, inspired by the contest’s topic. Previously workshopped, published, or performed submissions will not be considered.
6. The author must observe and adhere to the submission guidelines, below.
1. Fights are a big part of what we do, so their inclusion in scripts is important to us – so long as they serve the story and the characters. Quality over quantity, please.
2. We typically perform in small, black box theatres on limited budgets. Preference will be given to scripts that require fewer than 12 actors and uncomplicated scenery (multiple complex settings require higher budgets). Less is more.
3. Please take a few moments to peruse this website to familiarize yourself with the mission and direction of our company, our acting ensemble, and our past shows.
1. Submissions are due NO LATER than February 28, 2013. By submitting a script, you are agreeing to adhere to all the dates on the workshop and production schedule.
2. Electronic submissions preferred: email to email@example.com
IMPORTANT: This will be a BLIND SUBMISSION PROCESS. This means your email submission should contain two separate attachments:
Your cover page with title, name, and full contact information (name, phone numbers, email, mailing address).
Your script. DO NOT include ANY contact information in the body of your script. No names, by-lines, or contact information of ANY kind. This is to ensure that when the selection panel reads your script, it is a blind read. An author’s identity will only be revealed once a selection has been made.
3. If you are unable to submit via email, you may submit by snail mail to Babes With Blades Theatre Company, C/O Morgan Manasa, 444 N. Wells, #204. Chicago, IL 60654. If submitting via snail mail, do not bind or staple your script.
4. Scripts submitted will be considered the original creations of the authors, not Works for Hire. The author will retain all copyright rights and privileges granted thereto. If a winning script is eventually published, we ask authors to note “Babes With Blades Theatre Company” as the original producing company.